According to the Identity Theft Resource Center, there’s a new identity theft victim every three seconds. In fact, the FTC noted that identity theft was the top consumer complaint in 2014 — the 15th consecutive year.
To make matters worse, newer threats like spear phishing and tax return fraud are turning even more families into targets, which means the need for enhanced identity theft protection has never been greater. Identity theft protection services work through ongoing monitoring, which can spot suspicious activity and lead to rapid alerts and recovery options.
However, not all identity theft protection companies are the same. Be sure you’re evaluating services that can offer maximum protection for you and your family.
Ask the Right Questions
When comparing identity theft protection companies, there are several questions to be asked — which is why we wrote an entire blog post on the subject. The three most important questions are:
- Nobody can completely prevent identity theft, so it is important to know if the company provides fully managed restoration and insurance. In other words, if you become a victim of identity theft, despite all preventive measure, how will the company help you get your identity and credit back?
- How quickly will the company notify you when suspicious activity is detected?
- Is this a trustworthy company? How long has it been in business, and what kind of industry awards has it won?
Since you’re reading this article on the IdentityForce blog, you likely have one more question in addition to the ones above: How is IdentityForce more enhanced than other options for identity theft protection? Well, besides covering the protection basics, we offer these industry-leading services:
- ChildWatch: Increasingly, children are victims of identity theft. (The FTC reports that 6% of all identity theft victims are under the age of 20.) With ChildWatch, IdentityForce makes it easy to keep your kids protected. Our protection has been recognized with the highly coveted and well-respected Parent Tested Seal of Approval, underscoring our mission of providing identity theft protection that families can trust.
- Medical Identity Theft Protection: Medical identities are 20 to 50 times more valuable to criminals than financial identities, and medical identity theft increased nearly 22% in 2014. That’s why IdentityForce developed comprehensive identity monitoring of your medical accounts, including your insurance number.
- DeleteNow: To help people take control of their personal information found online, IdentityForce offers DeleteNow. The service scans the Internet with a focus on public records sites and gives you a detailed report on what’s been made public. Once you confirm whether it relates to you, IdentityForce acts to remove the data from those sites.
Every person and family has unique needs, so we’ve created these resources to help you narrow your choices. Check out some reviews to see what other people are saying about IdentityForce; read about our service offerings; and evaluate all your options for selecting the best enhanced identity theft protection for you and your family.
Image courtesy of Flickr user reynermedia.