Facebook allows other people and companies to access your information in ways most users don’t understand. And with their ever-changing policies, only you can take steps to proactively minimize your risk:
- Limit the amount of personal information you post (full name, date of birth, where you live, names of family members, email addresses, phone numbers).
- “Apps” are very intrusive because they expose your profile and personal information. Delete any profiles you don’t use.
- Remove your profile from search engines by using your “Privacy Settings.”
- Control “tagging” in photos and videos so they’re only visible to you.
- Review the “Privacy” on your photo albums.
- Use “Custom Privacy” settings and set up “lists” to organize your friends (work, family, etc.) so you can selectively share your posts and limit who sees what.
This short video explains how our Social Media Identity Monitoring Suite can help protect you and your family.