The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) partners with regional and national government agencies to promote National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW), observed this year on March 3-9, 2019. It is a week designed to help consumers understand their rights, recognize fraud, and avoid identity theft.
IdentityForce is proud to help consumers stay informed about the risks of identity theft and how to protect themselves. Below are some events that you can participate in during NCPW, as well as links to additional resources to keep yourself and your family safe year-round.
During NCPW there are several online events focused on recent scams, with the goal to involve consumers in the greater conversation around identity security. Join the following by using #NCPW2019:
- Twitter Chat: How to Avoid Student Loan Repayment Scams | March 6th @ 3PM EST
- Facebook Live: Social Security Administration (SSA) Scams | March 7th @ 12PM EST
- Twitter Chat: Protecting Against Tax Identity Theft | March 8th @ 11AM EST
Regardless of the time of year, it’s critical for consumers to stay up to date on the latest threats to their personal and financial security. It’s also essential to know what to do in the event of a fraud or identity theft incident. Bookmark the following links and check back often, as many are updated frequently with the latest information.
- 2019 Scam Tracker
- Password Strength Test
- How to Avoid Tax Fraud
- Medical ID Theft Checklist
- Consumer Product Recall List
- Internet Privacy Laws by State
- 7 Tips for Protecting Your Identity
- Secure Your Family’s Digital Footprint
- 2019 Data Breaches – The Worst So Far
A Proactive Approach to Protection
In today’s digital world, consumer information is more at risk than ever. From our social media usage to online shopping or even visiting the doctor, our data is out there — and cybercriminals are after it.
Don’t wait until the damage is done. Protect yourself and your family with the best identity theft protection to monitor your personal information and alert you to fraudulent activity before it’s too late.
Get started with a 14-day Free Trial of IdentityForce today.