It’s undeniable that we live in a digital world. We shop online. We bank online. We share personal information on a host of social networks and leave an electronic footprint everywhere we go. Unfortunately, predators are everywhere on the Internet waiting to steal and use our information for their personal gain.
Some of the Places Your Information Is Stored
- Medical records
- Insurance records
- Social security
- Bank and investment accounts
- Industry databases
- Tax records
- School records
- Phone records
- Mailing lists
How to Protect Your Privacy Online
- Make sure online purchases are encrypted. Look for this symbol.
- Remove your personal information from websites using a service such as DeleteNow™.
- Block cookies on your browsers, except from sites you trust.
- Use multiple usernames and passwords for your online accounts and change them frequently.
- Limit the amount of personal information you disclose on social networking sites.
- Set-up a Google Alert for your name.
- Enroll in a comprehensive privacy protection service such as UltraSecure™ and UltraSecure+Credit™, to proactively monitor important personal information.
Protect Your Privacy Every Day
- Keep your social security card in a safe place, never in your wallet.
- Make copies of everything you carry in your wallet.
- Shred all mail and paperwork that contain personal information.
- Limit the amount of unsolicited mail you receive. A service such as Junk Mail Opt-Out can help.
Free eBook, Download Today
Learn more and download the eBook today to have these findings and much more all at the tip of your fingers.