According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, about 7% of people age 16 or older fell victim to identity theft in 2012. About 85% involved the fraudulent use of bank or credit card information. With those statistics in mind, it’s clear that people have to be proactive when it comes to protecting their identity in the digital age.
Get the Facts
Here are some questions to ask yourself when you are ready to find an identity theft protection company that’s right for you and your family:
- Does the company offer identity protection and credit monitoring?
- Will the company notify me instantly of suspicious activity?
- Does the company provide privacy protection tools for my online activity?
- Will the company remove my information from public databases?
- Does the company allow me to frequently check my credit report and score?
- Will the company fully restore my identity if I fall victim to identity theft?
- How long has the company been in business?
- What industry awards has the company won?
Read Testimonials From Customers
To gain additional insight into the company, it’s always a good idea to visit their website and read testimonials from their customers. Here’s what to look for when reading the testimonials:
- Are the majority of the reviews positive or negative?
- Are the customer satisfied with the level of protection and services the company provides? Do they call out any specific benefit that might help you and your family?
- What features does the customer highlight and how important are they to you?
Review the Fine Print Carefully
In addition to figuring how much protection you actually need, you’ll want to review all the terms and conditions associated with your contract. Here are a few more final questions to ask yourself before signing on the dotted line.
- Do I need to sign up for a range of services or just a few of them?
- How will the company fix a fraudulent charge to my credit card if it were to occur?
- What kind of customer support does the company provide?
Protecting your identity is as important as anything else in life. Don’t become a victim of identity theft. Shop around to find the best product for you and sign up as soon as possible. If you have questions along the way, be sure to reach out to our experienced and professional customer service team to find out more about IdentityForce’s products and services.