How to Select the Best Identity Theft Protection
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, about 7% of people age 16 or older fell victim to identity theft in 2012. About 85% involved the fraudulent use of bank or credit card information. With those statistics in mind, it’s clear that people have to be proactive when it comes to protecting their identity in the digital age.
Get the Facts
Here are some questions to ask yourself when you are ready to find an identity theft protection company that’s right for you and your family:
- Does the company offer identity protection and credit monitoring?
- Will the company notify me instantly of suspicious activity?
- Does the company provide privacy protection tools for my online activity?
- Will the company remove my information from public databases?
- Does the company allow me to frequently check my credit report and score?
- Will the company fully restore my identity if I fall victim to identity theft?
- How long has the company been in business?
- What industry awards has the company won?
Read Testimonials From Customers
To gain additional insight into the company, it’s always a good idea to visit their website and read testimonials from their customers. Here’s what to look for when reading the testimonials:
- Are the majority of the reviews positive or negative?
- Are the customer satisfied with the level of protection and services the company provides? Do they call out any specific benefit that might help you and your family?
- What features does the customer highlight and how important are they to you?
Review the Fine Print Carefully
In addition to figuring how much protection you actually need, you’ll want to review all the terms and conditions associated with your contract. Here are a few more final questions to ask yourself before signing on the dotted line.
- Do I need to sign up for a range of services or just a few of them?
- How will the company fix a fraudulent charge to my credit card if it were to occur?
- What kind of customer support does the company provide?
Protecting your identity is as important as anything else in life. Don’t become a victim of identity theft. Shop around to find the best product for you and sign up as soon as possible. If you have questions along the way, be sure to reach out to our experienced and professional customer service team to find out more about IdentityForce’s products and services.
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013