Tis’ The Season To Get Your Identity Stolen
It’s that special time of year, again. Thanksgiving is less than a week away, as are Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the biggest shopping days of the year. Between coordinating who’s cooking the turkey, or ham, attending your children’s school pageants, and making travel plans, little time is left to shop for family and friends. It’s easy to lose track of important details and become careless while shopping.
Rather than providing you with tips on how to protect yourself from identity thieves this holiday season, following are ten easy ways to increase your chances of having your identity stolen:
Ten Easy Ways To Help Identity Thieves
- Shop online retailers you’ve never heard of, or researched.
- Click on any online pop-up ads and email links that offer deals too good to refuse.
- Make online purchases on unsecured websites, who needs that cute little Lock, anyways?
- Use public WiFi when shopping online.
- Ignore your credit card and bank statements until after the New Year.
- Carry your social security card and as many credit cards as you can jam into your wallet or purse, as possible.
- When keying in your passcode to withdraw money from an ATM, make sure the keypad you use is visible.
- Fill out raffle and donation forms with your personal information.
- If you’re going to be away for several days, go ahead and let your mail pile-up in the mailbox.
- Leave your purse or wallet in your car where it’s visible.
Don’t let things fall through the cracks during your holiday fervor. Pay attention to the details and take great care to protect your personal information while shopping online and at local retailers.
Enjoy your holidays. Don’t help identity thieves enjoy theirs.
Latest posts by Ezzy Languzzi (see all)
- Cyber Monday Tips: Shop Safely - November 25, 2014
- Russian Hackers Publish 5M Google Emails And Passwords - September 13, 2014
- Hackers Steal 4.5 Million Patient Records In Massive Data Breach - August 19, 2014
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013