Privacy Notice – California – Specific Addendum
If you are a California resident, the following provisions apply to our processing of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household [subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act] (“California Personal Information” herein referred to as Personal Information). For such residents, the provisions of this California Addendum prevail over any conflicting provisions of the Privacy Notice.
1. Categories of Personal Information Collected
We may have collected the following categories of Personal Information within the last 12 months. The Personal Information collected varies based on the product or service purchased or otherwise obtained by the consumer:
- Personal Information. This includes, but not limited to, personal identifiers such as name, alias, address, social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, email address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, insurance or other policy numbers, other online identifiers, or other similar identifiers.
- Financial Information and Medical Information. Financial information may include information directly provided by you such as a bank account number, routing number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, including information obtained from consumer reporting agencies as it may apply in our providing our services to you. We generally do not collect medical information in providing our products or services, but it may be collected incidentally when providing select Identity Theft or Identity Restoration services, as applicable.
- Protected Class Characteristics may include information about race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, and other sensitive Personal Information. We do not generally require the collection of this type of Personal Information.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information that may be used to establish identity, including but not limited to fingerprints, retinal scans, voice prints or facial recognition. We do not collect this type of information in providing our products and services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data may be obtained using IP address, GPS (where enabled on your smart device), and/or similar technologies when accessing our website(s), mobile application(s), or other online services.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. We record audio calls made to our Support Center for quality purposes. We may collect Personal Information when you communicate with us electronically, such as using email. Other types of information listed above are not collected.
- Professional or employment-related information. We do not generally collect this type of information, but it may be collected incidentally when providing select Identity Theft or Identity Restoration services, as applicable.
- Education information. We do not generally collect this type of information, but it may be collected incidentally when providing select Identity Theft or Identity Restoration services, as applicable.
- Inferences. Insights that we may use to build a profile about you; including profiles, preferences, and behaviors drawn from collection and analytics of any of the other categories of Personal Information.
2. Categories of Personal Information Sold or Disclosed
Within the last 12 months, within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act, we may have sold Personal Information identified in the above categories.
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed Personal Information as identified in the above categories for our business purposes. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see https://www.identityforce.com/privacy-policy/.
3. How we Collect Personal Information
We obtain Personal Information from a variety of sources, including directly provided by you, through our partners or affiliates, or from commercially or publicly available data sources. Some of the products and services we offer may include collecting information about you from credit bureaus; identify verification and fraud prevention services, social media platforms; and others consistent with the product or service. We also gather information from or about you when you use our services, including accessing our website(s), mobile application(s), and other online services, as well as marketing and analytics providers. More information can be found at https://www.identityforce.com/privacy-policy/.
4. How we Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice. Please see https://www.identityforce.com/privacy-policy/. Please note that the business purposes for which we may use your information include:
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another organization, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
5. Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your Personal Information.
You have the right to request:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
To the extent that we sell your Personal Information or disclose such information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information;
- the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was shared
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
To recap the categories of Personal Information that we may collect, please refer to Section 1 (above).
Right to Delete Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you which we have collected from you, subject to certain exemptions.
Right to Opt Out/Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information. To exercise this opt-out right, whether you have an account or not, please submit a request via email@example.com. If you do not have an account, include your name and email address or mailing address.
Submitting Your Requests
You may submit your requests, as described above, or by:
Verification of Identity
We want to ensure that the person requesting Personal Information is indeed that person, or someone authorized to exercise these rights on their behalf as permitted under CCPA. We will process Personal Information requests, once the requestor’s identity has been verified or authority authenticated.
No Discrimination for Exercising Rights
We do not discriminate against consumers because they have exercised any of the rights granted by the CCPA.