Child Identity Theft is a Growing Problem
Children are increasingly victims of identity theft. Thieves are interested in children's social security numbers because they are a blank slate, i.e. they don't have a credit history. This makes them prime targets for criminals looking to open new wireless accounts, bank accounts, and credit cards using their personal information.
What can you do to help protect your children?
It's hard to believe that kids have increasingly become victims of identity theft, but the FTC reports that 6% of all identity theft victims are under the ages of 20.
- Keep your children's Social Security Number is a secure place. Do not share it with anyone unless you understand how it will be used and where it will be stored.
- Help your children be safe online by staying involved and aware of their online activities.
- Teach our children to avoid giving out any personal information, such as birthday or address.
With ChildWatch, IdentityForce makes it easy to ensure your kids are protected.
With an adult membership, you can easily select ChildWatch as an added service. In the event of suspicious activity, your child's alerts and messages are sent directly to your own identity protection dashboard, so you can view all alerts in one place. Feel confident you've chosen the best total protection for you and your family.
- Thorough and ongoing identity monitoring
- Fraud monitoring
- An identity restoration specialist
- $1 million in identity theft insurance