Child Identity Theft is a Growing Problem
Children are increasingly victims of identity theft. Thieves are interested in children’s social security numbers because they are a blank slate, i.e. they don’t have a credit history. This makes them prime targets for criminals looking to open new wireless accounts, bank accounts, and credit cards using their personal information.
- Keep your children’s Social Security Number is a secure place. Do not share it with anyone unless you understand how it will be used and where it will be stored.
- Help your children be safe online by staying involved and aware of their online activities.
- Teach our children to avoid giving out any personal information, such as birthday or address.
- Thorough and ongoing identity monitoring
- Smart SSN Tracker
- An identity restoration specialist
- $1 million in identity theft insurance