Protecting Your Identity Is Our Top Priority
Dear IdentityForce Members,
The Equifax data breach is top of mind for millions of Americans, and rightfully so.
Our member services team is highly knowledgeable about identity theft protection and our products, and we want to ensure you receive the protection, care, and support you deserve. We are deeply committed to delivering a superior member experience. Currently, our response time is slower than usual due to the volume of calls and emails we are receiving and we apologize for the frustration this may cause. I personally want to assure you that protecting your identity is our top priority, and we are working around the clock to provide the support you need.
Steven Bearak | CEO | IdentityForce, Inc.
Top 10 Frequently Asked IdentityForce Questions
Please read the Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions our members are currently asking. We created this to help address the most popular support and technical issues.
(1) I believe I am a victim of the Equifax data breach. I am an IdentityForce member, am I protected?
What if I’m signed up through my employer?
ANSWER | Yes, we are continuously monitoring your personal information you provided us and you are covered with our fully-managed restoration services. Depending on your specific membership plan, the amount of your insurance coverage may vary. You can read more about our insurance and recovery services here, and also our Summary of Benefits here.
(2) Why should I pay for IdentityForce when Equifax is offering a free credit freeze and a free membership to TrustedID?
ANSWER | A credit freeze is a tool – it’s not a solution designed to protect you from identity theft. The credit freeze that Equifax is offering only applies to their credit bureau – it does not protect you from Experian and TransUnion. Equifax owns TrustedID so they are asking you to share your personal information with the same company that breached it. Additionally, the package they are offering is significantly limited and only focused on credit – it does not address or protect you from the huge fallout of having a compromised identity. Credit fraud makes up 28% of identity theft risk – if all you do are credit freezes, you haven’t addressed the other 72% of identity theft that can happen.
(3) I currently have my credit frozen at all three bureaus – is that an issue for me to sign up with IdentityForce?
ANSWER | This is a bit of a tricky question because the rules around security freezes vary by state. The short answer is that in most states a member can still monitor their credit and view their own credit report with a Security Freeze. The only exceptions to that are KY and LA – residents of those two states would not be able to participate in a credit report monitoring subscription because the company providing such a service could not access the consumer’s credit report to provide such service. So if you don’t live in KY or LA, we would still recommend our UltraSecure+Credit plan – if you do live in KY or LA and want to retain the credit freeze(s), our UltraSecure plan is also a strong option (you can always upgrade once you are comfortable removing the freeze(s)).
HOW CAN I REACH IDENTITYFORCE?
(4)I have been on hold for too long – I’ve left messages to get a callback and tried emailing IdentityForce. What is the best way for me to get in touch with IdentityForce?
ANSWER | Although we are experiencing longer hold, call back, and response times, we are receiving your message(s) and we know that you need a response as soon as possible.
(5) I want to sign up members of my family (my children, my spouse, my parents, etc.). How do I do that?
ANSWER | We do offer a discount for multiple family members and children living in the same household. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide additional details and help you through the sign-up process.
(6) What is the difference between your UltraSecure and UltraSecure+Credit Plan?
ANSWER | You can learn more about UltraSecure here, and UltraSecure+Credit here. The main difference is UltraSecure+Credit provides you with:
|3 Bureau Credit Monitoring||Spot fraud quickly with daily monitoring of your credit reports and alerts you if key changes are detected.|
|Credit Score Simulator||With our credit score simulator, you can explore how several financial decisions may impact your credit. This tool will help you experiment with different credit balances, credit card payments, balance transfers and more.|
|3 Bureau Credit Reports & Scores||Provides total control through instant online access to your credit reports and scores from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. You’ll also get instant online access to your credit scores that lenders look at when making loan decisions.|
Credit Score Tracker
|Track your credit score over time with a month-over-month graph.|
(7) My password isn’t working – I need help resetting it.
ANSWER | For security reasons we do not have access to send our members’ password information. To reset your password, please follow these steps:
- Go to our website, www.identityforce.com, navigate to the SECURE LOGIN Button at the upper right-hand corner of the home page.
- Please click on the “I Forgot My Password” link directly below the sign-in box to send an e-mail with a link to reset your password. This link will take you to a page where you are to answer your Security Question (Please note: this e-mail must be accessed and the link in the e-mail must be used within 20 minutes of clicking “Submit” after entering your e-mail address. The link will expire after this time and you will receive an error message). Answering the Security Question is the only way to complete the password reset process through the website.
- When answering your Security Question, please note that the answer is case sensitive. This means that if you originally typed the answer to your question with the first letter capitalized, you must do the same while answering the question for your password reset. For instance, if the original answer to your question was typed “Identity,” it must be typed the same way – not “IdEnTiTy” or “identity.” Please try using lowercase letters, uppercase letters, and a combination to answer your Security Question. After successfully answering the Security Question you will be given the chance to make a new password for (Please note: your password must have at least 8 characters – both upper and lower-case letters and at least one number).
- After entering your new password, click “Submit”. The next page should tell you the password reset was successful and have a “Login” button. Clicking the “Login” button will take you to a regular IdentityForce website page. Go to the SECURE LOGIN Button at the upper right-hand corner to enter your e-mail address (username) and new password to log into your account. Please remember, your password is case sensitive.
(8) I can’t log into my account – what should I do?
ANSWER | Please review the Password reset instructions above. If you have forgotten your User ID, please email our members services team at email@example.com and we will walk you through the process to re-establish your User ID.
(9) I thought I signed up for a free trial – but my credit card was charged?
ANSWER | Our free trial is 100% free, and you will not be changed if you cancel within the free period; however, when you sign-up for a free trial, some credit card companies may immediately place a temporary hold on your account for your first payment. IdentityForce does not receive these funds. Please contact your contact credit company directly if you have any questions.
(10) I’m interested in employee benefit pricing – who can I contact?
ANSWER | Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you about the options for your employees. Please indicate the number of employees you would like to cover.
- IdentityForce Member Support (includes answers to Identity Theft 101, IdentityForce Security, and our Mobile App) | https://www.identityforce.com/support/member-support
- IdentityForce, 6 Tips for Potential Breach Victims | https://www.identityforce.com/tips-for-data-breach-victims
- IdentityForce eBook: Protect Your Personal Identity at Home and at Work | https://www.identityforce.com/resources/ebooks/protect-digital-world
- IdentityForce Blog | https://www.identityforce.com/blog
- IdentityForce Newsletter Sign Up | https://www.identityforce.com/about/newsletter